Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Black Bamboo Magazine Rack

 

This tired bamboo magazine rack was given a fresh update using spray paint. Classic glossy black seemed appropriate for the makeover don't you agree?


Step one scrub well and let dry.


Originally my plan was to do it in white and distress back to show some bamboo wood so I shook up my can of linen white chalk spray paint and got spraying.


It seems the bamboo had other ideas as it began to bleed thru all over. See the yellowing edges?

To stop this Zinsser Bull's Eye shellac was sprayed all over to seal it.


And the plan switched to a solid glossy black. Seeing there was a nice day out I took it outside to spray many thin layers of spray paint over ALL sides. Start with it upside down to get all the under areas then flip on sides once dry and continue to spray.

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me

Comments

  1. It looks so much more modern in the black. Great makeover. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I agree, classic black never dies :)

      Delete

Post a Comment