Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Antique Angora White Table


After purchasing an farmhouse white end table in the past this customer brought her sweet antique accent table to be painted to match.


This table is so lovely with all the carved detailing.


Step one; clean it well on all sides with Fusion TSP Alternative, soap and water and a scrub brush. Rinse and dry.


Step two; paint it with House & Canvas paint in angora white with a Staalmeester Oval Brush.


Three coats in total were brushed on. White colors usually take more coats especially over dark finishes.


After each coat of paint the edges were lightly distressed with a sanding sponge. The paint was lightly sanded as well to be sure the surface was smooth. Then everything was sealed with with 3 coats of clear Minwax polycrylic applied with a damp applicator sponge. This leaves a super smooth protective finish. Again each layer of clear coat was lightly sanded with a clean sanding sponge.



To bring out the details more and add some age dark ageing wax was brushed on and wiped back.


See the difference it makes on the right leg and the solid color on the left leg?



This table is ready for many more years of service :)
Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me




Shared at these link up parties




Comments

  1. Replies
    1. thank you so very much, your kindness and support is appreciated :)

      Delete

Post a Comment