Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Hardwood Scratches? I Have An Easy Fix


Our engineered hand scraped hickory hardwood floors have seen allot of wear over the 10 years they have been in. Here is my easy temporary fix to make these areas less of an eye sore to me as others say they do not notice but I think they lie :)

There are areas that show wear like around my island where the stools are pulled in and out 100 times a day. I know they can be completely refinished but I don't want to loose the hand scraped look from sanding down nor do I want the huge undertaking of refinishing with just a few areas of wear. First ​thing is a damp mop clean these areas and allow to dry well

Then I grabbed my touch up marker stain pens from Varathane. They come in a variety of colors. These 2 colors I use for my hickory floors. I also have a black one when needed in the grooves.

It is just like coloring, I wipe the area with paper towel soon after applying to blend the stain into the wood. And that is it. I could go a step further and seal in these areas with either a spray sealer or brush some on but find this is working well for the time required to get the improved look.

Shared up at these great link up parties


Comments