Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Creating a Matching Nightstand Set

 

I created a "matching" nightstand to go with the 80's pine one from awhile back. Done in shades of light grey and white paired with new satin hardware gives the set a whole fresh new look.


This solid wood beauty was built by Kincaid Furniture. These well made pieces need to be kept in use and only require an updated paint color and hardware.


Most times there are a few repairs and scratches to fix too. After a good cleaning, this one had the top power sanded and some Dixie Belle mud filled in some scratches. Once dry it was sanded smooth. The sanding dust was damp wiped off.


Dixie Belle Paint in driftwood was the first coat to go on applied with Dixie Belle's oval brush 


The paint covers perfectly over the dark finish.

Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


Next layer is Dixie Belle Paint in fluff with driftwood blended around the edges using the Fine Mist Spray Bottle to create a smooth blend.


Again the new color looks great.

Once dry, all sides had a light sanding and distressing of the edges with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge. Then all was sealed with Dixie Belle clear coat in flat matte. 


Next step Dixie Belle's best dang wax in brown ; to warm all the cool tones. I applied with a dedicated Dixie Belle French tip brush that gets in the crevices and blends well.


New hardware from D Lawless Hardware was put on to replace the dated old original. The simple classic cup pull comes with 2 sizes drilled making it very versatile. 



This is also the next big change to same paint finish that makes the 2 nightstands "match". I like to think of them as his and hers.




Do you think they are a good his and hers nightstand set?





video tour



Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these fun parties







Comments

  1. Great job! I like the fact that the two stands are just a little bit different, so they're not an exact match. The gray paint and the new pulls look wonderful -- quite an effective update from the original look.
    Carol
    https://www.scribblingboomer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Carol for taking time to share these kind words, it means allot :)

      Delete
  2. What a great project! I love the color and pulls you chose! Thank you for sharing for Tuesday Turn About!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words and hosting a great party :)

      Delete

Post a Comment