Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Break One, Make One

 


There was a slight mishap photographing the lazy spinning turntable below that resulted in this updated flower pot above.


This sweet little white pot with such a pretty design was part of a succulent trio set I bought at Costco. After using it to stage the wooden server I lifted it off to set aside only to bump the chair to the right and .....

Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


CRASH!!!!


It shattered into a pile of shards and the poor little plant had a big pruning but I saved it.


I grabbed this one; again from a previous succulent trio set from Costco that was no longer in use. The whitewashed purple was not the best color for my home. Updating it would be perfect.


After a scrub and dry, I brushed on saltwater from the Dixie Belle silk paint line. This paint has a built in primer: the pots rough exterior naturally will adhere paint great but this is a bonus and top coat: even though I made add a gloss clear coat in the future make it perfect for the plant pot update.

Two coats gave great overage. HERE are other saltwater projects.


So if you break one ... make one!!

Give this paint a try for your next accidental creation :)



Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these fun parties

Comments