Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

New School Paint Stripper - EZ Strip

 


I have had many ask what paint and varnish stripper I am using now the old school ones have been pulled from shelves so wanted to share with you all. This is it.

EZ Stripper tips

- SHAKE the jug well!! This was my first lesson, it needs to be thick and white when poured out

- PATIENCE is the key especially if you are used to the old school strippers that work in minutes

- apply a thicker coat then normal "old type" stripper 

- keep the surface wet adding more product or brushing thicker areas gently over thinner

- time varies on different finishes but test after about an hour with a metal scraper

- if finish is stubborn, cover in recycled plastic overnight    NOTE I am a huge recycler and repurposer and cannot use new plastic to cover. I prefer to cut the thin plastic bags used when parcels are delivered by courier. You only need 1 layer to press over the product.

- be sure to neutralize the stripper with water using a green scouring pad to remove last softened bits at the same time

- as much as I loved the old school stripper I am now a fan of this especially for the positive environmental qualities it has

- it also removes many kinds of things and there are many other uses for this product including cleaning your oven


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk

Shared at these great link up parties

Fridays with Friends

Morning Cup of Joe

Comments