Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Pink Bohemian Floral Growth Ruler

 


I had a board on hand and decided to create a pretty pink floral growth ruler using the new Bohemian wedding Dixie Belle transfer.


The last board is the one far left with a warp to it. Wood is such a crap shoot it seems unless you go for the very expensive hard woods. Even if sourced straight from the store the wood tends to bend and warp after it sits for a bit and goes thru temperature changes.

Hopefully this one will be fine once screwed to a wall.


I painted both sides the pretty conch Dixie Belle silk mineral paint using a mini Dixie Belle synthetic brush after scraping wax off each end and sanding any snaggy bits.


I tried out my new Muddaritaville Studio growth ruler stencil. This version has the numbers horizontal to the number markings. This makes it so much easier to do this layout in one pass rather then turning the vertical ruler like version to achieve this layout. Be sure to stop by Muddaritaville with this link for 10% off your stencil order.

I stenciled on whitecap silk mineral paint on the stencil for a crisp but still soft contrast.


Now to add the pretty pastels flowers from the newly released Bohemian wedding Dixie Belle transfer. I cut out the graphics I wanted and placed them in the positions on a dry run (leaving the backing on). Once they were where I wanted I removed the backing and rubbed in place.


I sealed the transfers in place using Dixie Belle Terra Seal applied with a Dixie Belle premium chip brush. A couple coats of this matte sealer in total were applied.


And this beauty is complete, ready to mark some little girls growth thru the years.

Here are so many other growth ruler creations done over the years.




Below is a side view of the warp but once screwed securely to a wall most disappears.
It is also priced much lower to compensate for this character flaw.


Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON



Shared up at these fun parties

Comments

  1. This turned out so adorable! I’m excited to tell you this post will be featured in this week’s Tuesday Turn About Link Party! Thanks for sharing your creativity and we hope to see you at the party this week! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this lovely gesture!! and for hosting

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! Thanks for sharing on Happiness is Homemade over at Life is a LEO Wife. I hope you'll come by and share on Crafty Creators as well. It has a different audience, and I know they'll love this too! I'm featuring it on tomorrow's HIH. Hope to see you at both parties!
    Niki | Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Niki for sharing this cutie and hosting such great parties

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous idea! This is so cute and something you can keep for many years - reminding you of how the girls grew. Thank you for sharing on the Home Imagined Link party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna for the kind words and hosting :)

      Delete
  4. The flowers are like the icing on a perfectly iced and decorated cake~ love this idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment