Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Pretty in Pink Floral Planter Mug

 


This pretty pink cactus looks perfect in the jumbo coffee mug I gave a pretty pink floral makeover, right?


This jumbo mug was actually a planter that I bought for my MIL for Mother's Day a few years back with 3 plants in it. She propagated the plants into new pots and offered me the mug back. 


It along with a few other things needed a makeover so were scrubbed up well ready to paint.


The secret to painting shiny smooth glossy surfaces is Dixie Belle Slick Stick. This product allows paint to stick to anything.

Stir well (I use chopsticks we always seem to have in excess) and brush on 2 coats then let dry 24 hours. Below they all get 1 coat.


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


Then a second coat was applied and left for 24 hours to dry well.

A few more pieces were added to the slick stick line up. I will be sharing the Christmas plant pot and square planter tutorial soon. Here is another jumbo cup/saucer and the tin tutorials.


Pink champagne; a super soft pink was chosen from the Dixie Belle Paint line. Two coats were brushed on with a Dixie Belle premium chip brush.


Flowers from the translucent garden Dixie Belle transfer were cut and arranged in a pattern on the mug applying 1 at a time.


A pretty butterfly was the last to be put on the mug. The protective clear paper is still on above. 

To seal the transfers and paint, Dixie Belle satin clear coat  was brushed on, 2 coats in total.


All sides showing the graphics I chose from the Dixie Belle transfer set.




video tour


Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Shared up at these fun parties



Comments

  1. Oh wow, would love a pink butterfly mug , it's so so pretty.
    I visited you via Modern On Monticello: Home Matters Linky Party #465
    My links: 107+108. We will be so happy if you share your links with us at SeniorSalonPitStop. Link under BLOGGING.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment