Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Golden Sunset Inspired Jewelry Chest

 

I was inspired to paint this sweet jewelry box in a golden sunset vibe. Do you think I achieved it?

I picked up this well loved wooden jewelry chest at a local thrift store and knew I could give it new life. It has great bones and storage.

First step was to remove the hardware, sand the edges that had been dinged up and clean it well inside and out with spray cleaner and a rag. The lining was vacuumed well with my hand held Dyson then wiped with a damp cloth as well.

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


Now to create that sunset vision using bougainvillea and marigold Dixie Belle Terra Clay Paint. Stir them well.


I used a Dixie Belle premium chip brush to apply the paint dipping one side in the pink and one side in the orange then brushing on the box.


Flip the brush to overlap the colors and blend. Misting with water in a Fine Mist Spray Bottle helps blending if needed too.


Here is the first coat, there are some thinner areas but they will be covered on the second coat.


This is 2 coats applied


A light sanding with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge then wipe with a dry rag to remove any paint dust and it was time to seal the paint. I used Dixie Belle Terra Seal which gives a nice matte seal. Two coats were applied in total.


Gold touches were done around the edges using gold Dixie Belle Gilding Wax applied with a  Dixie Belle Artist Brush.


I added gold digger Dixie Belle Metallic Moonshine paint on the drawer sides with a delicate lace Dixie Belle silk screen stencil. It added such a pretty surprise when the drawers are pulled out.


how pretty right?


Using the lotus bloom Dixie Belle stencil,


the gold digger Metallic Moonshine paint was brushed on.



And the last step was to add some gold Gilding Wax to the pulls that were put back on using my favorite tool; my finger to apply.










Comments

  1. You always know exactly what to do with each piece Lee Ann. Thank you for sharing. This jewelry chest is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words! It means allot

      Delete
  2. Thank you , I love sunsets so these colors do speak to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment