Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Mandala Stenciled Orchid Pot

 


Warm white paint and a soft mandala update this ceramic planter I have my orchid in. I have faith it will rebloom thanks to encouragement from my green thumb MIL so made her pot pretty for that big day.


This is the super slick shiny ceramic pot pre makeover. It got a good cleaning to be sure no fingerprints or oils on the surface.


The secret to painting shiny smooth glossy surfaces is Dixie Belle Slick Stick. This product allows paint to stick to anything.

Stir well (I use chopsticks we always seem to have in excess). 


Brush on 2 coats then let dry 24 hours.

I had an assembly line of projects for this step; a jumbo cup/saucer, a jumbo cup and the vintage floral tin. The plant pot tutorial is coming soon.



Two coats of fluff  Dixie Belle Paint were brushed on with a Dixie Belle premium chip brush.


I chose this pretty mandala from the mandala Dixie Belle silk screen stencil set. Press in place after removing the backing.


Steel magnolia Dixie Belle Metallic Moonshine paint was brushed over the stencil.


Then lifted to reveal the design. I washed the stencil and when paint dried flipped the pot over and did same to the opposite side.


I chose 2 delicate lace silk screen stencils and put on the other 2 sides.


Then all was sealed with Dixie Belle satin clear coat applied with a clean Dixie Belle premium chip brush.


video tour


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


now I wait for my orchid to bloom :)


Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Shared up at these fun parties

Comments

  1. You are so talented Lee Ann, this planter is so cute. Thank you for sharing with us on Whimsy Home Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pot turned out so pretty! I'm sure your MIL loved it. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allyson for the kind words and hosting

      Delete

Post a Comment