Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Goodbye Shoes Hello Cacti Cup & Saucer Planter

 

Shoes were never my thing so I decided to give this jumbo ceramic cup and saucer set a more plant based look. It also begged for a new color. Soft blue seemed perfect with pretty pastel cactus graphics for this little planter update.


I am sure you too have these gifts that never got used. This ceramic tea cup and saucer set sat in the cupboard too large to actually use and too "bold" to display. 


It would however be the perfect plant holder with a new look.


The secret to painting shiny smooth glossy surfaces is Dixie Belle Slick Stick. This product allows paint to stick to anything.

Stir well (I use chopsticks we always seem to have in excess) and brush on 2 coats then let dry 24 hours.


I had a few projects on the go giving them each a coat of Dixie Belle Slick Stick.

I will be sharing another jumbo cup, a Christmas plant pot and a tin tutorial soon.


The first coat is on all


then the second and all left to dry overnight.

I chose bay breeze; a soft blue from the Dixie Belle silk mineral paint line. Two coats were brushed on.


The cacti Dixie Belle transfer provided the perfect echeveria cactus designs for around the cup edges and saucer bottom. I have also used more of this tubes transfers on these projects; an office tray and a lazy susan. There are still a couple sheets left so one tube can make many projects.


The transfers were sealed with one coat of Dixie Belle satin clear coat then a coat of Dixie Belle Terra Seal which I preferred for a more matte finish.


cactus of another kind


Such sweet little plant designs all around the edge.


Putting a fresh echeveria plant in this little set will be so pretty!


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Shared up at these fun parties




Comments

  1. What a great little makeover you gave this tea cup! I love how it turned out. What a fabulous gift idea for Christmas too. Thanks for dropping in on the Home Imagined Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those transfers are so pretty and look great on your oversized mug! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allyson for the kind words and hosting the party!

      Delete

Post a Comment