Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Miss Mustard Seed Milk Painted Antique Dresser




This antique dresser was the matching big sister to the white vanity, stool & mirror set I recently posted. However this piece went in a different direction for color and finish.



When looking at one of the drawer braces I wondered where the drawer stops were... watch video to see the answer 


Step one is to make all repairs, I flipped around the backwards drawer brace and re glued them all securely.


Power sanding the drawer fronts to bare wood and the body smooth with my trusty Dewalt orbital sander were next order of business.


Now for the fun part, milk paint. My middle daughter had a magic bullet she no longer used so I tried it for milking my milk paint.


It worked well. Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint in kitchen scale and Eulalie's sky were mixed up.

See kitchen scale used on this antique roll top desk
and Eulalie's sky on this sweet antique dresser, shelving unit, vintage window laundry sign and both used on my homes step stool


Here is kitchen scale milk paint applied full coverage using my Cling On shorty brush. This awesome little brush holds loads of paint and goes on smoothly.



To be sure I had some of the kitchen scale show thru, I rubbed Fusion Mineral Paint  's beeswax bar on edges and few flat areas.

Next went a full coat of Eulalie's sky again with the same Cling On shorty brush.



Next sand to reveal the kitchen scale underneath


Perfect blended colors for a soft water look



The entire piece was hand rubbed with Fusion Mineral Paint's white wax


Moving on to the hardware I  found vintage white porcelain knobs in my stash but the center posts were gold. Spraying them with Rustoleum titanium silver spray paint in multiple coats did the trick.



The original pulls were spray painted white for a fresh update after a good cleaning.

See video at the end to see how in photos the white showed as every color but ;)


Then the hardware was put back on and it is all complete


Lovely looking right?







 These white pulls showed every color but white in photographs so I tried a video, do they look white in it?


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Shared at these link up parties
Farmhouse Friday
DIY Wednesday

Comments