Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Milk Painted Vintage Rocking Horse


If you have followed me for awhile you know I love horses and hand crafted wood pieces. This hand crafted rocking horse it the PERFECT combo of my loves.


When it arrived though (thanks Mom) it was neglected and rather bold colored.


First step as always was a good scrub to get everything clean.






I wanted the rockers to be a dark chocolate color and it so happened I had Krylon spray paint in camouflage brown I had bought for a project on the ranch. I sprayed it outside in a sheltered area to get the perfect coverage.


Then it was on to the horse, I love milk paint for antiques and old wood things. Homestead House Paint Co. milk paint in Champlain was my color of choice.

I have used Champlain on this antique tall dresser and this vintage farmhouse hutch


Here is the first coat applied, do not fret, milk paint always looks sketchy after the first coat ;)


Here is the second coat with the edges distressed and the flat surfaces sanded smooth as butter.


To keep most of the horse this pretty warm white I applied Fusion Mineral Paint's clear wax rubbed all over the entire horse.


Then to add dimension and detailing to the nooks and crannies and give an aged look I applied Fusion Mineral Paint's ageing wax on the areas of choice.


I LOVE this cutie, how about you?


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me






Shared up at these linky parties
Silver Pennies Sundays
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday

Comments