Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

New Size and Style Growth Ruler Collection


Fresh off the paint line are these new wider growth rulers with the old school ruler markings. They are all ready to go to the fall markets coming soon.

See some of my hand painted growth rulers in grey, in a fun D!sney theme and in custom purple.


I had purchased this stack of 1"D X 8" W X 6' L boards to do my ship lap staging wall. However once the project progressed I learned to make a nice ship lap wall each board needed to be routered to make a perfect seem. I decided to just paint the wall white for the time being and use this stack for my custom growth rulers.


Being raw wood they were the perfect candidate to try my newly acquired Varathane aged wood accelerator on.



I immediately loved the way it went on and how fast it changed the wood color.


The above left is one dry coat of accelerator with a coat of  CeCe Caldwell hickory stain going over it and the right board is one coat of  CeCe Caldwell hickory stain dried. These are the back sides of the rulers which I do first to avoid and dings and such to the front while flipping back and forth.

I stain or paint the backs and seal to keep the board from warping and give a lovely uniform finish.


The above are the ruler fronts mow being done. The left is two dry coats of Varathane aged wood accelerator and the right is one dry coat.


One of the boards was painted front and back with Homestead House Paint Co. in loyalist. Milk paint is another perfect option for raw wood as it absorbs into the wood fibers to give a lovely smooth color.

For the markings I used the fabulous ruler marking stencil from Muddaritaville Studio. Check out their wide array of great stencils. 


The 3 stained rulers were stenciled with a soft white paint too using the same stencil. I love the old school ruler look of this stencil.

All 4 rulers were then sealed with 2 coats of Varathane clear poly in semi gloss finish on both sides.


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me


FEATURED ON

Shared on these link up parties
Creative Inspirations

Comments