Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Farmhouse Grass Basket


Updating a grass basket is easy with a bit of paint.


I loved the thick "cords" in this large basket and the fun wood handles but it was dirty and blah looking. Time for a good scrub and let dry.



I had a few projects ready to do all in Dixie Belle Paint in drop cloth; a pretty warm white.


Here is the first coat of drop cloth going on the pieces. I was using this lovely color on a solid wood dining table just the day before.



And the basket inside showing how I just dry brushed the warm white over all sides to brighten it. I then dry brushed a bright white milk paint over the warm white for some highlights and added dimension then sealed the entire basket with a clear wax.


Here are the completed farmhouse inspired drop cloth projects.


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me














Comments