Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Jumbo Wood Tray


This gorgeous wood tray was purchased at a local church thrift sale. It had such beautiful grain and size I could not pass it by.


Somewhere along the lines it must have had handles of some sort. I filled this with wood filler and sanded the tray smooth.



I will add this sleek new silver handles but which orientation? I did a poll on the Creative Moment's Instagram and Facebook pages; there were loads of votes but both were split about 50/50.


We decided to go with on the side for ease of handling, easier storing and better stability. My handyman drills new holes for the hardware and I installed it.



I had envisioned the word GATHER on this tray. Using my script stencil I moved it around to see where it would look best. My sister suggested the lower corner which I loved!


Using chocolate Fusion Mineral Paint I stenciled the word on.


To rehydrate and seal the wood I applied clear wax and hand rubbed it in. Perfection!


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me


It is available on my Etsy Shop and will be coming to the fall markets I am attending.










Shared up at these linky parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday

Comments