Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Vintage Jewelry Box in Country Chic's Cheesecake


After above and before below,


this vintage tiered jewelry box was given a fun makeover.


Just look at all the storage apace!


And this pretty hand painted art on the top!


I had to keep it. Using Country Chic paint in cheesecake; a warm white, I hand painted all around the art and the entire jewelry box. I recently used this pretty color on this dining table base and sofa table.


Two coats of paint went on in total. I wet distressed the edges to reveal the dark original stain and keep it looking vintage. To seal the paint, clear wax was brushed and rubbed in for a smooth finish.


To further age it and give a rustic country feel, Country Chic's antiquing wax was added. See it going on the top layer above.



And all completed.


Once posted it sold in an hour with a waiting list hoping I can find another but this is the only one I have seen to date ;)

Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me



Shared at these Link Up Parties

Comments

  1. What an interesting jewelry box. Love the farmhouse makeover you gave it - so much prettier now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "This cheesecake box looks absolutely scrumptious! I can't wait to try it and indulge in its creamy deliciousness!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment