Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Large Wooden Farmhouse Inspired Jewelry Box in Linen White



Such a pretty update for this jumbo jewelry box!


Vintage wooden jewelry box with LOADS of storage and style.


The ring holder side needed to be reglued and straightened, easy enough with wood glue, clamps and some thin boards for support.


Now for a good cleaning, I like to use this spray on cleaner from Cottage Paint. Just look at the grunge that came off in the first swipe!



I chose a soft crisp white for this beauties update, Rustoleum Chalked Ultra Matte Paint in linen white. It is available in a project kit with everything you need.


See my completed Patina lamps in blue and ones in green and a sweet silver dish as well as  aubergine painted nightstand, garden art and jewelry box



It is the perfect refresher color for the update.


The paint glides on so smooth you can even paint with your non dominant hand easily ;)


However there may have been a few times I might have attempted to dip my brush in the wrong container !! (job hazard)


Two coats of linen white were hand painted on and left to dry well.


Using a sponge sander, it was sanded smooth with further distressing on the edges to give a rustic farmhouse feel.


To seal it all, Rustoleum's matte top coat was brushed on. 


To keep the rustic look, dark wax was added, perfect!



Just look at all the storage.


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me





To give a scale on size, here are 3 other jewelry boxes with this big one









Comments