Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Wood and Metal Farmhouse Riser


I am all about recycling, reusing and repurposing,


so when I saw this metal base laying forlornly at the local dump's take it or leave it I took it home. It was awhile before I found the perfect partner for it; this solid wood cutting board.


They make the perfect pair. Both were scrubbed then the cutting board was power sanded with my orbital sander till smooth and most knife marks removed. Leaving a few of course gives the piece true character of its past.


Using General Finishes antique walnut gel stain both sides were stained this rich brown color.


All 3 projects above are the same stain color but shows how the wood makes them all unique. See the dining table and the antique vanity completed.

Both sides were hand rubbed with dark wax to seal and give a lovely warm sheen.


My handy husband drilled holes thru the salvaged metal stand so I could screw the stand to the cutting board.


It is complete and such a great collaboration between two pieces married to make one don't you think?

Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me





Shared at these Link Up Parties

Comments