Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Bowling Ball Turned Gazing Ball


I have mentioned we live on the Canadian prairies and our home gets allot of wind as it is a fairly new build with fledgling trees. My poor gazing ball you see on the ground in the background can always be found there as it is too light.

See how I solved my outdoor side table dilemma using solid wood utility spools.

Check out other garden decor makeovers.


I had a great idea that an old bowling ball might just be what I need to make a gazing ball heavy enough to withstand our winds. A local bowling alley was changing out the balls and kindly gave me a couple.


The bowling ball was scrubbed then sanded to roughen up the surface a wee bit for paint to stick.

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


Then multiple coats of Rustoleum mirror effect spray paint in hopes of creating a reflective surface on the bowling ball.


I set it back on the holder to air dry well.


The reflective properties are not as shiny as my metal gazing ball. This above photo is in April and below is the same ball at the end of August and it has not blown away :). I think next spring I will add a fresh coat and see if it builds up more shine.



Comments

  1. You are quite clever and so creative. I would have never thought to do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, you are most kind... so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete

Post a Comment