Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Milk Painted Antique Demi Lune Table in Gorgeous Green

 

Isn't this a fabulous makeover for this little antique demi lune table?


It has seen allot of wear and tear over its years of use.


The top and shelf top were stripped with a varnish remover, sanded smooth with my Dewalt orbital sander.


The lifting veneer was glued back down using my trusty offset pallet knife to get the glue all under the strip.


Then all was clamped down firmly and left to dry overnight.


The glue and clamp system worked too well, the MDF baseboard that was clamped to hold the veneer down actually bonded to the table top. It had to be pried off and sanded smooth.


Now to fill all the chipped veneer edges using DAP wood pro-x applied with a metal spatula. Once dry it was sanded smooth yet again.


I took the entire table apart.. see why I scrub all my pieces? that is some bug nest up in the leg hole!


Using a rubber hammer I tapped the legs to the removal hole area and pulled out.


The old brittle finish on the legs was scraped off using my carbide scraper from Richard tools



A leg needed a reglue and clamp repair as well but progress is happening.


Using my wood glue it was all reassembled in reverse order. I like to use an wide artist brush to get the glue in all the nooks crannies and edges.


Then clamped well and left to dry well. A light hand sanding over everything then it was scrubbed well and ready to make pretty. 


For these antique pieces I love to use milk paint. I mixed up some Shackteau Interiors milk paint in kettle cove green for this little beauty.


Two coats were brushed on and when dry it was sanded smooth with a sponge sander distressing edges as I went.


To seal the milk paint I used hemp oil. Wipe it on with a chip brush, let soak in and wipe off with a blue shop towel. After it dried over night I rubbed in Jolie's clear wax then used their  brown wax around the edges and nooks and crannies to age it further.



a little video tour


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me



I am a brand ambassador and affiliate with Jolie, if you would like to order and receive discount off your order please use this code INF-CREATIVEMOMENTS, I guarantee will love their products.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. thank you for stopping by and the kind words :)

      Delete
  2. Really lovely! I adore the color you chose! Thanks so much for sharing it at Farmhouse Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, yet another missing comment, Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete

Post a Comment