Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

How I Repaired an IKEA Kids Chair

 


My sweet little niece has a cute little IKEA table and chair set but her older brother broke the laminated chipboard seat after falling on it while rollerblading in the house (Covid indoor activities ;) )


Here is the broken seat, there is no support except at the front and back hence why it snapped in the center.

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me
 

She asked if I had any wood to repair it but all I had on hand was thinner as shown above or thicker shown below.


But as a recycler and repurposer I had a couple more storage piles to check.


This is the front support edge with brad nails once I took it all apart.


A couple dowel were snapped off as well once it was apart so I drilled them out and replaced with new dowels.


In my last pile I found 3/8" plywood sheet that was perfect. I cut it first on the table saw to rip it down to a manageable size.


Then I fine tuned the piece on the mitre saw.


The edges were sanded smooth and tapped into the frame. See the added 1/4" piece under the front edge to give a firm surface to hammer on to affix the brad nails into the replacement seat.


On the back frame piece I used the old seat to hammer on as to not dent the wood chair frame.


A power sand to the seat top and the little chair was as good as new.


Isn't she the sweetest? And her little set it back in action! xoxo

Comments