Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post

Green and Floral Round Tray Makeover

  This round tray has been completely reimagined. Its original shabby chic white finish has been updated to a rich dark green, and a delicate floral rice paper adds a touch of elegance. A final layer of dark wax deepens the colour and accentuates the details, giving it a beautifully aged, vintage feel.

How I Repaired an IKEA Kids Chair

 


My sweet little niece has a cute little IKEA table and chair set but her older brother broke the laminated chipboard seat after falling on it while rollerblading in the house (Covid indoor activities ;) )


Here is the broken seat, there is no support except at the front and back hence why it snapped in the center.

Subscribe to this Blog ~  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me
 

She asked if I had any wood to repair it but all I had on hand was thinner as shown above or thicker shown below.


But as a recycler and repurposer I had a couple more storage piles to check.


This is the front support edge with brad nails once I took it all apart.


A couple dowel were snapped off as well once it was apart so I drilled them out and replaced with new dowels.


In my last pile I found 3/8" plywood sheet that was perfect. I cut it first on the table saw to rip it down to a manageable size.


Then I fine tuned the piece on the mitre saw.


The edges were sanded smooth and tapped into the frame. See the added 1/4" piece under the front edge to give a firm surface to hammer on to affix the brad nails into the replacement seat.


On the back frame piece I used the old seat to hammer on as to not dent the wood chair frame.


A power sand to the seat top and the little chair was as good as new.


Isn't she the sweetest? And her little set it back in action! xoxo

Comments