Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

First time trying IOD Stamps - Iron Orchid Designs

 


How did I get FRESH PRODUCE on my antique crate you ask? Why I pulled out my Iron Orchid Design stamps for the very first time.


I am not sure why I waited so long but this old crate painted in Fusion's new milk paint seemed like the perfect project to try them on.

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


This is the IOD typeset stamp set. Mine only had the capitals and the numbers included when I ordered years ago. The IOD website has lots of great tips I read and videos I watched before giving the stamps a go. 
Step 1: peel off the plastic backing


Step 2: using fine sandpaper rough up the back side of the stamps going in both directions.


Step 3: peel off required letters


Step 4: place on your project to get the spacing of the letters. I thought I would use the stamp holder but my word was too long.


Step 5: I opted for the thin backing plastic on an angle to fit the word PRODUCE. Press the plastic to the letters.


Step 6: flip over and apply paint. There are many ways to do this but seeing I do not have a brayer nor a stamp pad I went old school and used my Cutting Edge's 3/4" stencil brush to apply paint to each letter. I used Fusion Mineral Paint in the color ash.


Step 7: flip, position in place and press firmly, try not to wiggle.


You can see the paint may have started to dry or not been thick enough on some letters but no worries.


I removed the letters, painted the back and pressed into the same spot.


And it worked perfect. Here is the freshly stamped E with the R stamp beside it.


What do you think of this sweet vintage crate?


Shared up at

Comments

  1. That looks amazing! You have inspired me to give it a try. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete

Post a Comment