Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Measure Up with This Custom Ordered Growth Ruler


Another custom ordered growth ruler to share with you. This ruler was ordered in crisp white with black numbers. Here are some others: crisp white & big numbersaged dark wood old ruler look, grey weathered wood old ruler look, grey cursive font with quote rulerpurple & silver cursive rulergrey old school ruler look, assorted wood colorsa stenciled narrower version and the famous mouse themed dark stain and red ruler to just share a few.


My wood pile is now down to one board left after all those projects listed above and this one.


When painting white over raw pine board you can get bleed thru. To prevent this I paint the board with 2 coats of primer. I also paint the back side a coat to seal the board entirely and help prevent warping. This also saves you money on paint too as it is pricier then primer.

The board only required one coat of Rustoleum Chalked Ultra Matte Paint in linen white then lightly sanded with a sanding sponge.


Time to add the measurements; these where stenciled on using the Muddaritaville Studio's growth ruler stencil and Fusion Mineral Paint coal black using a stencil brush from Cutting Edge Stencils. The numbers were stenciled on horizontally with the same black paint and brush.

Be sure to stop by Muddaritaville with this link for 10% off your stencil order.


To seal it all up 2 coats of clean liquid wax was applied and the custom order was complete!


Shared up at link up parties

Comments

  1. I love this idea! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Farmhouse Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete

Post a Comment