Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

4 Farmhouse White Windsor Chairs

 

Sometimes pieces just need a new color to give new life for more years of service.

These solid oak Windsor chairs got that makeover to a fresh farmhouse warm white.

In a recent post I used my Wagner sprayer and did similar chairs if a crisp white.


4 sturdy wood chairs were chosen from my stock pile to be reloved. I had a set of 4 from one brand but one of the chairs had a missing base rung so 2 were chosen along with another set of 2. They are just ever so slightly different but once painted the same color I guarantee no one will notice this once seated around the family table. Can you see the wee differences?


Time for a good deep cleaning with warm water, dish soap, some TSP and a scrub brush on every surface. 


I also use a razor to scrape off any stuck on gunk or paint drips in this case shown above. My new shop dog Harley is making sure it is done efficiently ;)


The edges and any other areas needing it were hand sanded. I like to use my orbital sandpaper that no longer sticks but has lots of grit left.


Seeing these chairs are going to be minimally distressed and to keep a uniform finish under the paint, I applied Homestead House Stain Oil Finish in the color golden pine to any areas that were sanded. Click HERE to see this product in action with a helpful video. I let it dry overnight.


Fusion Mineral Paint in the color limestone was chosen by the customer. It is such a great warm white. I have used it on many other projects. I applied it with my round Cling On brush perfect for spindles and legs as well as my Cling On short brush on the seats. I did have to be careful where I dipped my brush while enjoying my cappuccino. :)

Hand painting chairs requires patience and great music playing.

  

First coat applied

Then a second coat all over and a 3rd coat on the seats once dry. 

  

I like to add minimal distressing to most pieces. It gives the piece character especially when farmhouse is the goal and it makes that first ding or scratch a bit easier to take. Two coats of the warm white paint also allows for a worn aged feel. Chairs get allot of wear and tear. I also use the sanding sponge all over to smooth the paint making it feel like butter.


And they are ready to go!


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me



The customer shared them in her home, they look fabulous don't you think?







Shared up at























Comments