Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post

Green and Floral Round Tray Makeover

  This round tray has been completely reimagined. Its original shabby chic white finish has been updated to a rich dark green, and a delicate floral rice paper adds a touch of elegance. A final layer of dark wax deepens the colour and accentuates the details, giving it a beautifully aged, vintage feel.

4 Farmhouse White Windsor Chairs

 

Sometimes pieces just need a new color to give new life for more years of service.

These solid oak Windsor chairs got that makeover to a fresh farmhouse warm white.

In a recent post I used my Wagner sprayer and did similar chairs if a crisp white.


4 sturdy wood chairs were chosen from my stock pile to be reloved. I had a set of 4 from one brand but one of the chairs had a missing base rung so 2 were chosen along with another set of 2. They are just ever so slightly different but once painted the same color I guarantee no one will notice this once seated around the family table. Can you see the wee differences?


Time for a good deep cleaning with warm water, dish soap, some TSP and a scrub brush on every surface. 


I also use a razor to scrape off any stuck on gunk or paint drips in this case shown above. My new shop dog Harley is making sure it is done efficiently ;)


The edges and any other areas needing it were hand sanded. I like to use my orbital sandpaper that no longer sticks but has lots of grit left.


Seeing these chairs are going to be minimally distressed and to keep a uniform finish under the paint, I applied Homestead House Stain Oil Finish in the color golden pine to any areas that were sanded. Click HERE to see this product in action with a helpful video. I let it dry overnight.


Fusion Mineral Paint in the color limestone was chosen by the customer. It is such a great warm white. I have used it on many other projects. I applied it with my round Cling On brush perfect for spindles and legs as well as my Cling On short brush on the seats. I did have to be careful where I dipped my brush while enjoying my cappuccino. :)

Hand painting chairs requires patience and great music playing.

  

First coat applied

Then a second coat all over and a 3rd coat on the seats once dry. 

  

I like to add minimal distressing to most pieces. It gives the piece character especially when farmhouse is the goal and it makes that first ding or scratch a bit easier to take. Two coats of the warm white paint also allows for a worn aged feel. Chairs get allot of wear and tear. I also use the sanding sponge all over to smooth the paint making it feel like butter.


And they are ready to go!


Subscribe to this Blog ~  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me



The customer shared them in her home, they look fabulous don't you think?







Shared up at























Comments