Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Vintage Nightstand Goes to the Beach

I love a fun pop of turquoise and this nightstand is the perfect piece to try a new to me color called Bimini on. I was lucky enough to win a paint package giveaway from Cottage Paint on Instagram and this was one of the colors I chose.


I sourced this vintage nightstand this summer passing on the matching dresser that was badly damaged. I planned to save this little beauty in a fun color.


After a good scrub inside out and upside down it was time to paint. I used a new angled 2" synthetic brush to apply this bright ocean blue color.


This is the first coat, two coats were brushed on and lightly sanded smooth.


The original pull was super cute but needed an update too. 


I put out a poll on my Instagram page which had gold the winner by 1 vote. Seeing it was so close I polled my Facebook audience and silver won hands down. 




Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


Now to seal the night table. I went with Cottage's wax I had on hand from a past project applying with a damp sponge. However when dry it showed streaks. I applied a second coat which helped but not totally. I contacted Cottage Paint for suggestions and the owner actually called me. How is that for customer service?

She recommends using their varnish to seal the paint and had tips for using their wax. It seems the acrylic in the wax makes applying it to be more like a poly requiring straight lines with your brush strokes and not rubbed in circles like a traditional wax. Well that explains allot, thanks Gail :) And you can apply the varnish over the wax which is another tip seeing they are both acrylic based. Traditional wax is always the last step.


I added a pretty contact paper to the drawer bottom and the nightstand is complete.


take a video tour of this cutie








Shared up at these link up parties

Comments