Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Navy Antique Accent Table


You all know I LOVE antiques and giving them new life. This gorgeous antique accent table looks so lovely in its new navy update don't you think?


As soon as I saw it listed on a local buy and sell I saw potential.
Does anyone know the proper table description? I use accent table but it must have had a name.


First step was to completely disassemble using a rubber mallet.


The legs slide out and to keep them exactly as they were I marked the end of the leg and the hole with matching numbers.


It looks like IKEA put together table but is so much older and actual solid wood.


All the loose old finish was removed with my handy carbide scraper from Richard tools.


Now everything got a good scrubbing with warm water, dish soap and a bit of TSP Alternative to get rid of all the grunge and grime of years gone by.


cleaning video above and everything drying below


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


The tops were sanded smooth with my orbital sander and 180 grit sandpaper.


The inset wood tones are so lovely. 


Then all was put back together with wood glue and clamps and left to dry well.



I used the toasted coconut color on this antique crate and this antique drum table.


I mixed up the night swim: a rich deep navy blue. Mixing the milk paint is easy, watch above


 I also used it on this modern table brought but the customer that bought this one to paint to match.


Watch how easy the milk paint glides on.


Here is the first coat.


Three coats were brushed on with 4 on the top surfaces (only because I added some more wood filler to a few areas I noticed after the milk paint coats then sanded and painted again) All surfaces were lightly sanded after all the coats were dry. To seal it and keep the antique feel I chose Fusion Hemp Oil which was brushed on, allow to sit for about 30 minutes and then wipe off the excess with a shop towel.


It is perfect for dark colors as it deepens them, see oil going on the right side to rich. It will not stay wet dark but definitely deeper then a wax sealer. After a day I repeated another coat of  Fusion Hemp Oil.


Hemp oil application video



I LOVE the finished look and the new Fusion milk paint line!











Shared up at these link up parties

Comments