Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Matte Black Coffee Table

 


Classic matte black update for the win on this coffee table refresh.

Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


My sister no longer had room for the jumbo curvy coffee table and offered it to me to relove and rehome. Of course I said yes.


To make painting easier I removed the top after safely storing the beveled glass.

After a good cleaning with Dixie Belle white lightening cleaner in soapy water to be sure the years of fingerprints and stickies were gone it received a light sanding all over. Usually I grab a Dixie Belle sanding sponge but I also have a stack of "unsticky" orbital sanding papers I use too. Any ding was sanded smooth and Dixie Belle mud was added in any deep marks with a mud spatula then sanded too.

This light sanding also allows the paint to stick better and is an important step when using Dixie Belle silk paint.


This new Dixie Belle silk paint line is an all in one paint; primer, paint and top coat all in one. It does however need a bit more tooth to grab on to hence the sanding step and it is suggested to apply with a synthetic brush. I chose to use Dixie Belle synthetic brush in flat medium.


Anchor; a rich black was the color I used for this beauty. Click HERE to see more projects done in this fabulous classic color.


Seeing the original finish was dark and being a dark paint only 2 coats were needed for a nice even coat.


When I brought the pieces inside to assemble again I found the top corner edges were missed but this was an easy remedy. Grabbing a small artist brush and the tub of paint I repeated 2 coats and all was perfect.


The glass was cleaned and set back in place and this coffee table has a fresh new look.


sleek and smooth


classic and modern



Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me



See it 3D in this video view





Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!


FEATURED ON


Nov 23, 2021

Shared up at These Link Up Parties







Comments

  1. Very pretty. It doesn't look as dark as Caviar bit it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl, your right it is a bit more charcoal :)

      Delete
  2. This coffee table was nice beforehand but that black paint just makes it look like a new piece! Looks so good! I haven't used Dixie Bell Paint yet but I am learning so much from your posts. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I hope you give it a try as it is great paint for sure and paint really can update a piece for sure.

      Delete

Post a Comment