Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Super Fast Second Makeover

A few years back my daughter bid on an item I had as a charity auction. It was a yellow with dark wax paper towel holder. In the years that have passed it seen lots of kitchen action and was now oil stained and in need of a second makeover. This is what I love about the power of paint, it is easy to update and refresh.


This is our next victim, I mean project. See the oil splatters? 
Originally it was just boring blond wood before the rustic yellow update.

First step was to spray it with Dixie Belle white lightening cleaner in a spray bottle then wipe with clean water. I also gave it a light sanding with a to be sure the oil was gone and the surface was smooth and accepting of paint.


With a frosty glass of homemade kombucha, my iPad and Netflix and my Dixie Belle silk paint in deep sea I was ready to give it a fresh new look.


Here is 2 coat of the classic navy all in one paint applied with a Dixie Belle chip brush.


Two coats were all it needed and being an all in one paint there are no other steps required. Super easy update!



Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me





Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Linked up at

Comments

  1. Sometimes you just need a quick win when it comes to DIY to enjoy. Thanks for sharing. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment