Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Farmhouse Inspired Antique Buffet


Antique buffets / sideboards are the perfect statement piece I think in a rustic, country or farmhouse home. Most however need paint to give them personality and presence. 


As soon as I saw this cutie I knew it would be gorgeous with a new stained top and fresh painted base and did not hesitate to buy it. Check out the original sales sticker still on the back. I wish the original price was visible.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me



The top was stripped and sanded both with a power orbital sander as well as hand sanded


to reveal this beautiful wood.


This beauty was called by a customer the day I posted I bought it. She wanted it to match some art work I did for her awhile back in a light grey. Unfortunately the color I used was no longer so I went with Country Chic Paint in lazy linen, a soft light grey.

Above is one coat brushed on using my favorite 2" angled brush .




The top was stained using 2 coats of General Finishes java gel stain. (One above and 2 coats below)


Another coat of Country Chic Paint in lazy linen was brushed on the base.


Using my handy SurfPrep rad pad once the paint was dried, the edges were distressed as well as the entire base sanded smooth.


I changed it up to the SurfPrep rad pad in fine grit to get better results for the distressing.


Here is all the steps coming together. All the painted areas were then clear waxed to seal the paint.


Closeup to see the distressing.


The last step on the base is to add dark wax to make the details pop!



 I used Country Chic's antiquing wax for this step.


See the difference the dark wax makes as middle drawers are not done yet?


The last step was to seal the top. This ended up being many layers of clear polycrylic both wipe on and sponged on, 6 to be exact.



But everything came together perfectly don't you think?










This sweet shadow box and vintage jewelry box were painted in the same color at the same time.



Comments

  1. What a lovely buffet!! You did a wonderful job painting it, and I love that you stained the top. Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment