Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Farmhouse Shadow Box


This shadow box did not get the biggest makeover but it did get given a new look. A pretty farmhouse update.


When I purchased it the glass was missing and it had a white factory finish. 


It was purchased along with this vintage solid wood jewelry box finished in the same farmhouse finish  and this farmhouse styled crate all shown as original above.

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


After a cleaning and the glass brackets removed and the holes filled, the frame was painted 2 coats of Country Chic Paint in lazy linen. Clear wax was hand rubbed over all the newly painted surfaces to seal. New chicken wire was cut to fit the opening.


The wire was affixed with an electric stapler. TIP: Be sure to measure the staple length so not to poke thru the front. Each end is then curled under tidily with needle nose pliers.


To add rustic farmhouse charm the edges were distress sanded lightly and Country Chic's antiquing wax brushed into the the nooks, corners and edges.


The original padded burlap goes perfectly with the farmhouse feel don't you think?


It will look amazing with photos pinned inside, jewelry or sunglasses displayed or any other pretty items.



It was available on my Etsy store and sold in short order.



There are inset hangers on the back allowing for flush wall mounting or able to sit on a shelf or table.




video tour




This antique buffet was done in the same color as well as the jewelry box


Shared at these link up parties

Comments