Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Charcoal Grey Dining Table


This dining table reloved in charcoal grey found its new home in short order; the classic style and fresh new look has it back in service for many years to come.


The set was listed for sale on a local buy and sell but eventually posted for free. Who can pass that? However when we picked it up we found it in VERY rough shape.


Subscribe to these Blog Tutorials ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Follow me on Facebook Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram ~ Follow me on Hometalk


The leaf has damage on the underside edges. The edges were filled with Dixie Belle mud and sanded smooth when dry.


The same for the dings on the leaf top that also had major heat damage to the finish.  The top was power sanded smooth thru 4 sandpaper grit levels; 80/100/120/150


The table top suffered major heat and water damage and extreme wear. This table seemed to have been well used to say the least.


Again it was power sanded smooth thru 3 sandpaper grit levels; 80/100/120. 

The table will be painted seeing so much damage was done to the wood veneer making staining a challenge.


Something was gumming up the tracks terribly. It looked wax like but also sticky.


A good scrub with warm water and Dixie Belle white lightning cleaner was in order. The rest of the table was cleaned well with this too and all rinsed and dried.


To properly lubricate the tracks, Dixie Belle Big Mama’s Butta was brushed on with a dedicated Dixie Belle La Petite brush. They slide back and forth perfectly now.


To provide a good base for the paint on the wood, prevent any bled thru or odors, grey Dixie Belle BOSS was brushed on the table pieces. The grey tint also helps coverage knowing I was painting it a dark color.


Flipping the pedestal upside down first to paint allows for ease of painting the underside of the edges. Flipped over allows the rest to be finished. Two coats of the primer was applied.

Using a mini Dixie Belle synthetic brush I applied black sands Dixie Belle silk mineral paint again starting with the pedestal upside down.

This is the very first time I tried this charcoal grey color and I am a fan!


Here it is going over the grey boss painted table top; use long smooth strokes to minimize brush strokes.


Two coats of the black sands were brushed on.


The color is so lovely.


I kept this table solid; no distressing or ageing for a modern updated vibe and it is perfect.


To seal the top for added durability I brushed on Dixie Belle satin clear coat mixed with a tid bit of the black sands silk mineral paint with another mini Dixie Belle synthetic brush.


Move quickly again with long strokes, see the top side with it on and the lower half awaiting the clear coat.


I then repeated another coat of clear this time Dixie Belle flat clear coat again mixed with a wee bit of paint and applied with a damp Dixie Belle applicator sponge. Again use long smooth strokes.


What a classic timeless look don't you think?


The table sold within 2 days of posting!


I love the round look.





And with the 18" wide leaf the table extends to an oval.






Links to the Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links do however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these free tutorials. Thank you!

FEATURED ON


Dixie Belle Blog

Shared up at these fun parties


Comments

  1. I love this. Always look forward to your posts. So envious of your talent. Keep on showing the wonderful things you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU so much for the kind words, they really made my day!

      Delete

Post a Comment