Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Danish Oiled Warm White Solid Pine Dining Table



When I bought this solid pine dining table it was in sad shape. Years of hard use has left it needing a relove!


Out came the Dewalt orbital power sander with 120 grit paper,


and after a couple hours it was back to raw wood. I did not sand all the dings out as I like to embrace the tables history while making it pretty again.
The sanded table top was wiped well and the base and table underside was scrubbed well to remove any past residue and grime.


With this in mind I chose to use Danish oil as the sealer for the solid pine top. It gives a hand rubbed finish with the durability of poly combined for the perfect finish. Between each coat I sanded lightly with a SurfPrep rad pad. I applied the recommended pre conditioning coat (seeing it was pine), the 2 suggested coats and a bonus coat the next day.

I do not like to waste anything and seeing I had left over Danish oil on my wiping rag, I rubbed it into my shop furniture mover too.

Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me


With the top all sealed and good to go it was time to move onto the base. I chose Dixie Belle Paint in drop cloth, a gorgeous warm white. See it here on this antique tall boy dresser, this French provincial coffee table, this round coffee table and this antique dresser.


After 2 coats were brushed on it was time to age the warm white paint in keeping with the farmhouse look. First I sprayed on Dixie Belle's easy peasy spray wax over all the painted surface to give added durability then I applied 2 different colors of dark wax. Above you can see the first color being applied and the difference it makes.


The table is complete.


It totally exudes the highly trending farmhouse vibe and natural wood look.

 

Enjoy all the angles of this classic cutie.



 





Linked up at these parties
Farmhouse Friday
Creative Inspirations

Comments

  1. Keep on working, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much so sorry for the delay in replying as this was found in an awaiting moderation folder ;(

      Delete

Post a Comment