Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Loved Beyond Measure Growth Ruler



I recently created a custom growth ruler for a Grandma for her granddaughters first birthday. She had every detail planned which made it much easier then some.


She wanted a rustic worn grey board so I chose Fusion Mineral Paint's little lamb and lamp white along with Homestead House milk paint in confederate grey, PERFECT!


Homestead House milk paint confederate grey was brushed on as first coat which absorbs easily into the solid spruce 8" wide board. (usually they are 6" wide but this will have more hand painting then usual)


Then Fusion Mineral Paint's little lamb was dry brushed over when dry for the worn distressed look.



All the layers were sanded smooth when dry using my new SurfPrep RAD sanding pads. To seal all these layers I brushed on a clear coat of sealer.


For all my hand painting I set the words and font and size all on my computer first, once it is ok'd by the customer I print out and place on the ruler.


The words are then traced onto the board and the hand painting begins. When it was all complete, another coat of clear sealer is applied with a brush.


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  
Email me


My personal preference was to balance the name Ellie between the 5 and 6' marks but the grandma wanted it right at the top and it is her ruler ;)
Happy 1st birthday Ellie!! Here is to many marks on your new growth ruler!!




Comments