Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Azure Stenciled Jewelry Box


What a change, right?


This forlorn little jewelry box was begging for a makeover and that is just what I did.



After a very good cleaning with a damp rag and Simple Green cleaner, I painted it in two coats of one of my favorite blues from Fusion Mineral Paint called renfrew blue.



Originally I hoped to decoupage this pretty napkin over it but after research I found that white napkins over dark colors were a challenge. The paint color should be the same as the napkin background for a seamless look so that idea was scratched.



From my stencil stash I chose this gorgeous floral stencil which was part of the Indian Inlay stencil kit from Cutting Edge Stencils . I stenciled the floral design using another of my favorite  Fusion Mineral Paint blues called azure.


I used another portion of the stencil set for the front as well.


Then to top it all off, FusionMineral Paint's ageing wax was added to the edges to give a more worn aged look.


Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  

















Shared up at these link up parties
Creative Inspirations
All About Home
Farmhouse Friday

Comments