Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

Seaside Blue Magazine Rack Personalized Too


Where are my blue lovers?? Look at this gorgeous seaside blue from Rustoleum.



I originally put a poll out for votes to paint this solid wood magazine rack in blue or yellow and it ended up tied.


Step 1 was to scrub up then remove the country stencils from the 80's.

Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  

My handy Dewalt orbital sander removed it in short order. Another good wipe down to remove any sanding dust and it was on to painting.


Rustoleum seaside 2X cover spray paint was the color of choice. I like to spray in my barn as it is well ventilated.



Watch how easy it is to apply. More thinner coats are preferred for great drip free coverage.


Be sure to let it dry well before handling to prevent fingerprints and dings.


The customer who purchased it wanted it personalized to match a bread box she recently purchased from me.


She wanted "rae dunn" inspired font again with the word READ on each end of the magazine rack. I do mine by hand after setting the size & font using Microsoft word then print out.


Once positioned in place it is traced on to the surface with a pencil transfer.


And using a Sharpie oil paint pen, the word is written on each end.







Comments