Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Mandala Oak Lazy Susan


Have I told you how much I love mandalas? Yes I have :), You must remember my recent black lazy Susan, a double decker round IKEA coffee table onestenciling one on my deck, this sweet geometric coffee table, this cute round coffee table, this sweet lazy Susan and atop these saddle stools.


This solid oak hand crafted 18" across lazy Susan was another perfect canvas for my favorite mandala love.


The original finish had a few blemishes and uneven tone so after a light sanding an good scrub, a coat of Fusion Stain & Finishing Oil was wiped on, the excess oil wiped off and then left to dry overnight.


The gorgeous prosperity mandala stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils was up next.


Using Fusion Mineral Paint in limestone and a small stencil brush, the mandala was painted off center. When dry it was lightly sanded to smooth all edges and give a worn look.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


Another coat of Fusion Stain & Finishing Oil was applied over the warm white mandala stencil.


I love how this layered look gives an old worn subtle feel to this beautifully hand crafted rotating tray (turn table). 



You can see all the other lazy susan's I have done HERE for more ideas how to update them.


This gives a better visual as to the size of this turning trivet. Check out this gorgeous teal green end table tutorial done in Fusion's renfrew blue.



FEATURED ON


December 9, 2020



shared up at these great link up parties
Silver Pennies Sunday
All About Home
Vintage Charm
Wonderful Wednesday
Creative Inspiration
Farmhouse Friday

Comments

  1. I love the unique look created by using a portion of the stencil. I did something similar with stenciled flooring. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I love mandalas. Thanks for hosting ;)

      Delete
  2. I love your lazy suzan with the dark wood. I made something almost identical but used scrap wood I painted grey and then the stencil. Yours is so dramatic, very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment