Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Stenciled Solid Oak Jewelry Box Or Remote Holder


Jewelry boxes make the perfect storage boxes for remotes, keys, memory tickets and so much more.


This solid oak jewelry box was missing its removable shelf but that will not stop it from having a functional future.


The lined open area is the perfect storage spot for so many things.


Step 1 - remove the hardware and clean well.


Now to paint! I chose House & Canvas paint in angora white for this and a super sweet dough bowl.


Both projects were painted two coats of this beautiful warm white color.


When dry, the edges were lightly sanded to distress back to reveal the original wood finish.


The top needed something to jazz it up. This quadrefoil stencil from Dixie Belle Paint was perfect paired with Fusion Mineral Paint  vintage gold metallic paint chosen to go with the hardware.


The Fusion Mineral Paint vintage gold paint was stenciled on with a small stencil brush.


It is perfect! A light sanding then everything was clear waxed with Fusion Mineral Paint's ageing wax  used to age and add dimension.



Subscribe to this Blog    
Follow me on Pinterest ~  


Aren't they pretty? Dough bowl tutorial here.




 perfect remote hiding spot


Shared at these linky parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday

Comments