Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Add Impact to a Bedroom Wall with Photowall Wallpaper




Want to update a wall in only a few hours with major impact results? See how I created this fabulous water color effect wall in my daughters bedroom using a Photowall premium wallpaper.

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


Photowall is an online source of amazing wallpaper, murals and art.

This is the panels and the wallpaper accessory kit along with the directions. Get familiar with what each pieces does and read the instructions well.


Step one; move furniture out of the way.


Be sure your wall is super clean, remove outlet covers and lay down some drop cloths.



Cut your panels at the marked lines with the straight edge and utility knife included in the assembly kit. 


and set in order along a wall.



The first panel is the trickiest and MOST important. Panel 1 goes on the left and they move right in order marked at the top of each panel. Here I am just seeing how it looks on the wall.


My first panel also has to be cut to fit around the pony wall.


I am old school wallpaper trained and cut my paper prior to putting on the wall. Be sure to measure twice and cut once as this is a one shot deal. It is a mural so you cannot find a matching pattern farther down the roll.


Using a large plastic bucket, mix the powdered wall paper paste according to the included directions. 


TIP: Note for the wall I did I only needed half the package in the end so in the future would mix only half up. Using the brush apply the paste about 2 panels wide on the wall.


This is how I applied the paste to start. In the past I have always used pre-pasted wallpaper so it was a bit of a learning curve.


Panel 1 must go up level for the rest to follow. Mark a level line the panel width away from the wall. 


Hang the first panel with the edge along this mark. Smooth from the center out, up and down to remove any trapped air. Hang panel 2.


Then use the seam roller again in the kit to make the seams smooth and disappear.


Continue applying paste and panels from left to right along the wall.


My new paste applying technique


TIP; the kit includes a wide wallpaper brush but I prefer a damp washcloth to smooth my panels to the wall.



Panel 11 had to be cut as well. I hand cut it to a bit wider then cut on the wall using the straight edge and knife.


And in a few hours you will have a completely updated wall with loads of drama and impact. Check out Photowall and use this code ... creativemoments25 .... at checkout for 25% off


short video tour


UPDATE: I have a viewer suggest using wall sizing before applying wall paper to help with future removal. Have you tried this and can you tell me if it worked?

Comments