Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Rustic Country Chairs Makeover in Classic Black


Rustic farmhouse chairs reloved in classic shades of black, yes please.


A very good customer brought me these chairs he had painted to go with a table he purchased from me years ago he had changed up to black. I redid the dining table back to warm white but decided to keep the black on the chairs but to lessen the starkness in contrast with the light wood seats.


I scrubbed them up as the usual first step before sanding the seats to remove paint off the edges and get a fresh new wood surface.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


The raw wood was hydrated and stained using Fusion Mineral Paint's Stain & Finishing Oil in ebony. This is the most fabulous product; wipe it on and wipe of the excess, let dry.


Two coats were applied to each chair.


The chair back and base were refreshed with a coat of Fusion Mineral Paint in coal black using my R16 small round Cling On Brush perfect for spindles.


Now they are the perfect blend of blacks don't you think?








Shared up at these great link up parties

Comments