Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Rustic Round Dining Table Do-Over


Years ago (way back when I started) I did this super cute round wood table for a customer. Wanting a to match some chairs they painted the base black latex paint. Now they are moving back to Australia so offered it back to me to update again. I painted it back to the lighter side of life.


customer photo

Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me



The down side of latex is it may not stick .. just watch



I peeled off all the black latex paint off



back to the light colored base.


Here it is after the peeling process. It was then hand sanded and wiped clean ready to paint. I love the fact that solid wood tables can be changed up as many times as needed.


The underside of the table top was a bit more challenging as it seemed to adhere better. That and they painted the table top too.


I used my carbide scraper from Richard tools, then my Dewalt orbital sander then hand sanded to get everything smooth and tidy. I like to use and old paintbrush to sweep everything clean.


This is the original top I did years ago still in amazing shape.


I thought I would apply a fresh coat of new gel stain I got


but after applying it I was not happy with the look so used mineral spirits to wipe it all off.
Above I am just starting to wipe off.




And above half way done. There is always a plan B.


I went with Fusion's black wax to deepen the color and add some sheen.


Now back to the base. I chose a classic warm white called Champlain from Fusion Mineral Paint. See how one coat on the right leg covers so well and gives a fresh new look.
I like to start a piece upside down so I can paint all the underside areas that can be easily missed when painting from normal position.


One coat complete


I like to apply two coats to be sure all the black sharpie pen marks that were used to fill in peeling black paint areas were well covered. The table top skirt had 2 as well.


Like the first time I painted this table, I think it looks best in a warm white rustic farmhouse look so Fusion Mineral Paint's ageing wax was brushed in the crevices and along the edges to give a worn country feel.

See the difference above?


All complete and ready to stage.


Isn't it the sweetest table?





It's fold down sides are such a space saving option for the small kitchen.



Shared up at these great link up parties

Comments