Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Walnut MCM Dresser with Warm White Accents

  I am a huge wood grain fan and when I find MCM pieces which usually are walnut wood I am thrilled to give them an update. This 6 drawer dresser did not disappoint. The warm white and wood combo is always a favorite of mine. How about you?

3 Leaf Dining Table Refinished in Cappuccino and Algonquin



This dining table has been completely made over, lets see how.


Here is the dining table top, the center leaves show the original super shiny cherry finish.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me


I set up the entire table top on top of another dining table I use as my workshop paint table.


The top has wear on the main areas after years of use. I tried to remove the finish using my carbide scraper from Richard tools but it was not working.


So I switched to paint stripper which worked.


Check out the video of how easy the stripper worked.


Using my carbide scraper from Richard tools I scraped off any remaining edge areas.



Then using my Dewalt orbital sanderI sanded the top down smooth using 120 grit sand paper


This took a few hours going nice and slow. The awesome wood grain revealed is beautiful.



Then it was time to sand the edges by hand. 


This took a very long time as well.


Until I got the brain wave to use my metal spatula with the folded sandpaper and it went tens times faster.!!


The top was stained using Fusion Mineral Paint's Stain & Finishing Oil in cappuccino. I love this product and color!!


SO easy to wipe on then wipe off the excess. Don't be alarmed to the color above,


This is what it looks like wiped back.


I applied 2 coats of cappuccino sfo letting dry well between coats.


Then I applied 2 coats of their natural Fusion Mineral Paint's Stain & Finishing Oil to add durability but not deepen the color further.



The table legs and apron were painted in Fusion Mineral Paint's Algonquin; a soft taupe color that pairs nicely with the rich chocolatey cappuccino. Two coats were brushed on using Fusion's 2" angled brush.


This is the finished table in its smallest size; a square.

Scroll thru all the seating option and see the video tour at the end.


Perfect size for a small dining area or used as an entry way table.


Below is one leaf added


All the way to 3 leaves. 


This gives the table lots of options for seating.







I take lots of photos hoping to capture everything a buyer needs to see to make a solid decision.


Here is a little video tour as well I like to share with them and you.





I have also linked items I use on my projects via my Amazon affiliate for your convenience. Rest assured there is no pressure to purchase nor is there any increase in price using my links. It is only meant to share the products I find useful.

Shared on these Link Up Parties

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. thank you so much Mother of 3, I too am a mother of 3... 3 girls ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment