Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Creating a Typeset Tray from A Thrift Store Score


I am a huge antique typeset tray fan, here is mine I found in the background of the above photo. But follow along as I took a thrift store piece and created a faux one.


When I saw this item at a thrift store I totally saw it as a typeset drawer. I am not positive what its original use was. I googled Znoart but had no luck. A few suggestions from folks was a calligraphy tip kit, game or a bead art kit but nothing positive.


The stickers were stuck on good but using a damp cloth and my handy razor scraper 


I carefully removed it all.


The scratched up plexi glass cover had to go as it totally ruined the vintage vibe but it was inserted in the flip up top frame masterfully with no visible screws/nails etc


Eventually I had to use the razor scraper to cut thru it and breaks it and slide out of the frame.


And this is the result. What do you think of this simple before and after?




Comments

  1. Love it; as a miniaturist, I would have it full of tiny dollhouse treasures before you could turn around twice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha perfect collection display for that for sure :)

      Delete

Post a Comment