Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Antique Dresser with layers of color and texture



I scored this antique dresser from an estate sale for an elderly German lady. She used it to store linens.

I think it saw allot more use before that duty though ;)


The top drawer for sure had wore a deep groove in the runner rail, I refilled with wood filler and sanded smooth once dry
After repairs my first task is a deep clean especially on these old pieces. It was hand scrubbed with warm water, soap and some TSP and hosed till water runs clear then left overnight to dry.


Seeing it had lots of wear I choose a finish that would be in keeping with the age yet work with the years of service. Fusion Mineral Paint in coal black was mixed with their fresco for a textured paint and it was applied by brush in a random pattern all over the drawers and body.


Next layer once dry was Fusion Mineral Paint's little lamb and fresco


and again randomly applied by brush



I wish I knew the code for this dresser stamped on the back

Fusion Mineral Paint lamp white then went all over and left to dry
The whole piece was sanded to reveal the layers below and distress the edges to give it an old farmhouse look so popular right now.


Yet another step followed with Fusion Mineral Paint in ash mixed with their clear glaze which was rubbed all over and wiped back to catch in the nooks and crannies and the final step was Fusion's ageing wax to add a soft sheen and age the piece further.


I LOVE the layered textured look and farmhouse feel this antique dresser now has. The original hardware was cleaned and rubbed with the ageing wax and put back on.











FEATURED ON
 Featured on Hometalk  November 6, 2018



Linked up to these parties

Comments

Post a Comment