Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Old Frame to New Chalkboard



When I purchased this vintage art piece the mirror edging was perfect but somehow in storage 2 sides had cracked, now what?



Well I donned my safety glasses and a few pry tools and snapped these pieces off. 2 sides came of perfect but the other 2 had been reglued in the past with who knows what (black blobs) and were stuck. Eventually I got it all off and disposed of.


To fill the grooved edge they had been applied to I used Country Chic Paint's embossing paste in honey using 3 coats letting dry well between each coat then sanding with a final coat stippled on for a textured effect.


To start the painting process I applied a coat of Old Fashioned Milk Paint in pitch black followed with federal blue while still wet for a mottled look.

 

The top coat was Homestead House Paint Co. in Loyalist dry brushed over the entire frame including the back side.


The whole frame was sanded smooth to reveal texture and colors then all sides and surfaces sealed with  Daddy Vans clear wax followed by their white wax when the clear was dry.


I like to paint my black board surfaces all at once as easier and faster seeing the mini roller zips along. I use Rustoleum chalk board paint rolled on with a mini foam roller and use 4 coats for good coverage.




 the above photos do not show how large it is so I snapped these for size reference ;)




Shared at these fun parties


Comments