Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Buttermilk Cream Magazine Rack


I am all about giving new pieces new life ... mainly thru paint. When I saw this old wood magazine rack I knew it just needed a paint pick me up


I found it at a local thrift store for only marked at $2.50, how could you pass it up when all it needed was a good cleaning and some love of paint.


The end knobs are screw on so it was easy to take it all apart for a good cleaning and paint while apart for ease of awkward angles and corners.


I chose a soft buttermilk cream paint color from Fusion Mineral Paint  and applied 2 coats allowing to dry well between coats. This is my first time trying this pretty yellow color and I love it.


Once it was all dry, I sponge sand distressed all the edges while still apart then put the magazine rack back together.



To keep it aged and looking vintage I added Fusion's espresso wax in the nooks and crannies for the perfect finish.





And just like that, this pretty little piece of history has a new lease on life and will proudly hold magazines, catalogs, toilet paper or towels for many more years to come!





Comments