Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

CUREiously Pink for Cancer Research from Fusion Mineral Paint


When Fusion Mineral Paint announced a new limited release color called CUREiously, with $1 for each can sold going to cancer research, I immediately thought how pretty for a jewelry box.


I picked this well loved jewelry box at our local church rummage sale. Time for a pretty pink transformation.


The soft pink lining had come loose on one inside edge but this is easily fixed with glue, a flat piece of wood to hold it flat to the wall with some clamps.. The edges were sanded smooth, the lining vacuumed well and the entire piece cleaned well.


Now for the fun part... color! And this color is amazing.


2 coats went on using this fab Fusion brush on ALL sides allowing it to be free standing on any surface


First coat going on covering the dark wood easily


The edges were sponge sand distressed and Fusion's ageing wax added to all crevices and edges.


For a bit of sparkle and shimmer, a new metallic paint from Fusion in the color rose gold was rubbed on the raised edges. I tried it on the glass door but thought it needed a deeper gold. No worries as it easily washed off when fresh.


Rustoleum's pure gold spray paint applied with a spritz of vinegar gave it the faux mercury look but in a gold version. I sponge sanded over it then rubbed Fusion's rose gold wax over to seal and add yet a hint more pink to it.


To add another fun sparkly surprise I used a Mudderitaville Studio stencil and the  rose gold metallic paint from Fusion 














Linked up to these parties
Creative Inspirations
Farmhouse Friday

Comments