Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Jumbo Golden Chalkboard Frame



Sometimes a piece just needs a new purpose. This faded dated old print was matted in a jumbo  (34"X40") modern gold frame. I could see it so much better as a chalkboard.


To protect the frame I used painters tape


then applied Rustoleum chalkboard paint with a small foam roller


giving it 4 coats (I like to do a few boards at a time) sponge sanding coats after each one dries minimum 4 hours, I also change roller direction with each coat

See other projects shown above finished here; red tray, blue tray, large milk painted frame


Remove the tape and whalaa




Comments