Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Cabinet door tray in robins egg blue


I love a good upcycle and turning solid wood cabinet doors into serving trays is one of the best.


My Mom gave me this door which came actually hinged to the cabinet front. Once it was removed from the hinges it was time to take off the center knob and fill all the holes with wood filler.

The door had one end cut flush so I cut the other end to match and all was sanded smooth; sides, front and back.


Rustoleum chalk board paint was rolled on with a mini foam roller with 4 coats in total. At the same time I did a red tray, a gold chalkboard and a blue milk paint chalkboard too. 


I love robins egg blue from Fat paint applying 2 coats to the door edges and backside.


The edges were lightly distressed to reveal the wood then sealed with Daddy Vans clear lavender scented wax in two coats.


The last step was to drill holes and add 2 new sleek black handles and sponge rubber feet on the back.


This color is so hard to photograph true but trust me it is the prettiest blue.





Linked up at
Creative Inspirations

Comments