Skip to main content

FEATURED Blog Post on Hometalk

Vintage High Chair in Natural Wood and Warm White

  I love giving old pieces new life. This vintage wooden high chair was my latest makeover project. I am loving the end look, how about you? This solid wood cutie was found by my furniture scouting sister. I messaged the seller sight unseen I would take it. My Mom picked it up and delivered to my door. THANKS family for all your help!

Farmhouse-ified Jumbo Round Wooden Bowl


I love a big wooden bowl, especially one that has been made pretty in my favorite farmhouse style.


 This large solid wood bowl had seen better days but with some love it could be beautiful again. First step a good scrub with Dixie Belle white lightening cleaner in warm soapy water, rinse and let dry.

 The edges were then lightly sanded with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge. They curve perfectly to these edges.


I have found in the past that some of these wooden bowls have bleed thru of stain or oils after painting so to avoid that I applied Dixie Belle BOSS on this series of 3 bowls on ALL sides. It goes on white as shown on the jumbo round at bottom but dries clear as shown on the top 2 bowls. I applied 2 coats to this big bowl.


Dixie Belle paint in drop cloth; my favorite warm white was brushed on again on all sides. Two coats were applied wet distressing after each coat with a Dixie Belle sanding sponge. All sides were then lightly sanded to ensure a smooth surface.


Dixie Belle's best dang wax in clear was hand rubbed in on all sides.


To add age, Dixie Belle's brown wax was added in various areas.


perfection don't you think?


I posted it on my Etsy shop and it sold in the same day!



Etsy uses 10 photos to show all angles so I share them here with you too.


Subscribe to this Blog  Follow me on Instagram 
Follow me on Pinterest ~ Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Hometalk ~ Visit my Etsy Store
Email me



video tour of this cutie



Here is the farmhouse wooden bowl collection complete. Tutorials on the flared round bowl and the square wood bowl are to follow. All are for sale on my Etsy shop.





Links to Dixie Belle products are for your convenience. My affiliation with this fantastic paint company does not increase prices on your end, your purchases via my links does however provide a small subsidy which allows me to keep providing these tutorials. Thank you!

Shared up at these link up parties


Comments

  1. I love this idea. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca, I really appreciate your kind words :) Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh... that turned out gorgeous! I love how you aged it. Not at all surprised that it sold the same day! Have a great weekend and a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise I appreciate the kind words. Have a very merry Christmas!! Cheers

      Delete

Post a Comment